Subject: Re: [vserver] Ubuntu Vserver Kernel
From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert@13thfloor.at>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 23:27:41 +0100

On Sun, Nov 25, 2007 at 02:22:55PM +0100, PÁSZTOR György wrote:
> Hi!
>
> "Herbert Poetzl" <herbert@13thfloor.at> írta 2007-11-25 11:02-kor:
> > and provide some feedback ... but definitely somebody
> > should become an official ubuntu maintainer then ...
> > (at least official from our side :)

> What are the criterias for this task if someone would volunteer?

well, mainly establish a known good code base
(we will gladly help there), and keep track of
the changes Linux-VServer mainline does ...

of course, extensive testing and some kind of
open ear to end-user issues is required too

> I had never programmed kernel before.
> But, as my patch shows, I'm lucky, or know C well enough :-)

hehe ...

> If we need, I can create a signed apt repo for this, or If
> it's official, maybe it should be somewhere in the project's
> web-space, signed with the project's gpg key.

that is all up to you, you might want to follow
'official' distro guidelines though ...

> But I have build machines only for i386 and amd64 arch's for
> binary packages, what will happen with the ppc releases?

well, cross compiling will allow you to build
for many more architectures, if you need some
help there, we can arrange something ...

HTC,
Herbert