Subject: Re: [vserver] I'd like to --move it --move it
From: Jon Bendtsen <jbendtsen@laerdal.dk>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 09:47:59 +0100

 Mon, 13 Dec 2010 09:47:59 +0100
On 12/12/2010, at 10.08, Ben Green wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to get LTSP-5.2.4 funning on a Debian Squeeze based (both host and guest)
install. I'm on my own 2.6.36 with pre2925 utils.

> The problem I've got is with USB keys mounting on the clients to /tmp/.blah, but then
not getting moved to /media as they are meant to. The program responible for this in
LTSP is lbmount, and apparently the method it uses is to do something like:

> mount --move /tmp/.blah /media/.blah
>
> It seems that this isn't possible inside a guest, I get following (foo is mounted
with a tmpfs):

> $mount --move foo/ bar/
> mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /root/foo,
>       missing codepage or helper program, or other error
>       In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
>       dmesg | tail  or so
>
> Is there some kind of flag I can set to make this work? What else should I try?

danger! alert! security risk!

If you give your guest the mount capability then I am sure it can do what you want to
do.

JonB