Subject: S_CAPS="CAP_SYS_RESOURCE" and Bind9
From: "James Miller" <jimm@simutronics.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 11:11:11 -0500

Hello everyone,

I'm running Debian Etch, 2.6.18-4-vserver-686 kernel and vserver
2.2.something or 2.0.something (not sure how to tell from
linux-headers-2.6.18-4-vserver).  Anyway, I've never had to muck with
changing any of the default capabilities for any of my vserver guests, until
now ;).  How/where do I set S_CAPS="CAP_SYS_RESOURCE" in
/etc/vservsers/guestOS/.  I've read about *.conf files for each guest, but I
don't have any .conf files.  I know I can recompile bind9 to
--disable-linux-caps, but I REALLY would like to stick with using the
precompiled Debian package.

Thanks for the help!

--Jim

James Miller - MCSE RHCE CISSP