Subject: rsyslog not closing cleanly
From: Phil Daws <uxbod@splatnix.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 13:16:53 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

Have any of you noticed, since a recent update of rsyslog, then when you close down
a vserver this happens:

Starting killall:                                          [  OK  ]
A timeout occured while waiting for the vserver to finish and it will
be killed by sending a SIGKILL signal. The following process list
might be useful for finding out the reason of this behavior:

32767 4003 [767 4003] 1 samba-base    ?        Sl     0:00 /sbin/rsyslogd -c3

I have tried updating /etc/sysconfig/rsyslog and setting it to use backwards compatibility
but that does not appear to resolve the issue.

If one connects to the vserver and performs a service rsyslog restart then than works
fine so my assumption is that it much be something to do with console output.

Any ideas ?

--
Thanks, Phil