Subject: Re: [vserver] F12/RHEL6 Guest DNS Problems
From: Gordan Bobic <gordan@bobich.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 22:31:01 +0100
Fri, 10 Sep 2010 22:31:01 +0100
Sorry, answering my own question again. I tried a quick and dirty
vserver mount of a normal install of RHEL6 into a vserver, and that
works OK, so it seems conslusive it is down to some packages missing
using the standard vserver install method via yum. In the end, I pruned
the minimum install rpm list slightly, and ended up with an additional
list of packages I put into /etc/vservers/.distributions/rhel6/pkgs/04.
This file is attached. DNS now works OK. The additional package list is
large-ish and increases the base install size by about 25% - OTOH, it
does work. :)

If anybody is interested in rolling a "standard" RHEL6 build set for
vserver, I can provide my /etc/vservers/.distributions/rhel6.

On 09/10/2010 03:47 PM, Gordan Bobic wrote:
> I'm having a weird problem. I cannot resolve DNS from inside the
> F12/RHEL6 guests. Doing it from a F11 guest works fine. I can ping IP
> addresses of the DNS servers, but hosts don't resolve. I have checked
> /etc/resolv.conf in both guests and they are the same. Where should I be
> looking for possible causes of the problem?
>
> Gordan

acl
attr
audit