Subject: vc_rlimit_stat(RLIMIT_AS): Invalid argument
From: Eric Schoeller <eschoeller@users.sourceforge.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 10:21:36 -0600

Good Morning,

I recently upgraded to 2.6.35-vs2.3.0.36.31-beng and I'm now
experiencing this problem:

# vserver-stat
vc_rlimit_stat(RLIMIT_AS): Invalid argument
vc_rlimit_stat(RLIMIT_AS): Invalid argument
vc_rlimit_stat(RLIMIT_AS): Invalid argument
vc_rlimit_stat(RLIMIT_AS): Invalid argument
vc_rlimit_stat(RLIMIT_AS): Invalid argument
vc_rlimit_stat(RLIMIT_AS): Invalid argument
CTX   PROC    VSZ    RSS  userTIME   sysTIME    UPTIME NAME

I did not find a new util-vserver-basic-debian package on the psand.net
repository, and I have a sinking suspicion that I need one.

I found others with the same issue, but no real answers:

http://paste.linux-vserver.org/16162
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-6401816.html?sid=92654704c23f48fadc85910f73316370

While reading the following excerpt from #vserver on irc.oftc.net
(http://irc.13thfloor.at/LOG/2010-05/LOG_2010-05-27.txt) it looks like
this issue cropped up because 'there is no AS limit in recent kernels'.

Any ideas on this? Thanks!

Eric Schoeller