Subject: Re: [vserver] file copying between host and guest
From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert@13thfloor.at>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 18:25:29 +0200

   ~~~~~~~~~~~ (should be invisible, but hey :)
> You should just change namespace, e.g.:

> vnamespace --enter <xid> -- /bin/bash
> and then use standard cp or rsync programs.
> ===

> What I see is the guest filesystem in /var/lib/<vserver>

which means it is _visible_ on the host

> and I can copy files there which are instantly visible
> from the guest.

which is expected ...

> What issue does that piece of advice actually address?

mainly filesystems not mounted on the host, like
for example the /tmp (tmpfs) only mounted inside
the guest (or other filesystems not shared with
the host namespace)

> I find it a bit confusing.

hope this clarifies,
Herbert