Subject: Re: [vserver] Linux-Vserver and Amazon Web Services
From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert@13thfloor.at>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 18:20:36 +0200

On Mon, Aug 02, 2010 at 12:03:15AM -0400, Edward Capriolo wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 5:03 PM, Roderick A. Anderson
> <raanders@cyber-office.net> wrote:
> > Tor Rune Skoglund wrote:

> >> I'm interested in this too. Were there any comments on this?
> >
> > Nope.  Looks like we might be sailing in uncharted waters.  :-)
> >

> > \\||/
> > Rod
> > --

> I do not think you can replace the kernel on AWS. Building Xen and
> VServer into one kernel is not an easy task.

why do you think so?

> I saw some debian packages that had managed to build Xen and Vserver,
> so it is not impossible.

why should it pose a problem at all?

Xen as architecture is supported out of the box with
Linux-VServer and a mainline kernel, adding specific
Xen patches/updates (for domU) should pose no problem
and running a dom0 doesn't seem a good idea anyway
as you could use Linux-VServer in the first place :)