Subject: Re: [vserver] Poll: High (ish) availability - how are you doing it?
From: Ed W <lists@wildgooses.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 22:46:07 +0100

  On 28/07/2010 15:16, Edward Capriolo wrote:
> I also successfully ran a vserver on top of a Mirrored GlusterFS
> volume with linux-ha failover.( This is essentially User space DRBD.)

Thanks to everyone who has replied - very interesting.

Glusterf is the one which most interests me (active-active clustering),
but it seems that the public forums are full of people with problems,
but then a handful of folks who are very happy.  Obviously you always
hear most about the outliers, but it does suggest that there are quite a
few subtleties with gluster?  Anyone got anything to share?

Seems like there is nothing really on the horizon that will do cross
datacenter clustering yet...  Sounds like XtreemFS might turn out to
work, but it seems a long away from being stable and well tested...

> If you are using linux heartbeat. I have a vserver resource agent you
> may want to try.

Hmm, cool.  Thanks for that.  Lots of nice stuff there - I'm interested
in your cacti templates also!  You should consider plugging this from
time to time on the list - great stuff

Thanks all

Ed W