Subject: glibc on guest system
From: Nirmal Guhan <vavatutu@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 11:04:24 -0700
Fri, 28 May 2010 11:04:24 -0700
Hi,

I see that guest system uses its own glibc.
Guest (centos5) :
libglib-2.0.so.0
libglib-2.0.so.0.1200.3

Host(Fedora12)
libglib-2.0.so.0
libglib-2.0.so.0.2200.2

Since there is always some depedency between glibc and kernel, I wonder if
vserver requires guest system glibc to be compatible (in other words, guest
system glibc version < host system glibc version) the kernel ? If so, how
this is guaranteed?

Please clarify.

Thanks,
Nirmal