Subject: Re: [vserver] Create a paldo guest?
From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert@13thfloor.at>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 16:17:48 +0200

On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 12:02:43PM -0700, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
> I don't remember seeing any mention, on the web site or in a message
> thread, of creating a guest from a _non-typical_ distribution.

the worst case scenario is installing that distro in
a virtual machine (e.g. kvm) and then copying over
the resulting installation to a sekelton guest

you might then want to clean up stuff like hardware
related initialization and filesystem mounting

> While researching why I can't get XML::Parser to install in a CentOS 5
> guest with a '/usr/local/' Perl 5.10.1 install (eg. using the tarball) I
> found Paldo and it looks to be a good idea for the type of LV guests I
> create and use.

> Is this possible?  If so what terms should I be using to search?

definitely, see above and the util-vserver - build --help
for building skeleton guests