Subject: Re: [vserver] multiple pormap daemons?
From: Adrian Reyer <are@lihas.de>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 12:33:00 +0200

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 04:27:38PM +0200, Petar Hitij wrote:
> Is there any chance of running portmap in host (nfs server) and whithin
> guest - application needs it? I am running Debian lenny  5.0.4
> with kernel 2.6.26-2-vserver-amd64 .

As with other network services you need to bind the service on the host
to an IP not used by the guest. -i does that for portmap.
If you want to use portmap on the same IP on host and guest you are out
of luck.

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 10:14:04AM +0200, Petar Hitij wrote:
> If I try to use single portmap daemon in the host, guest client cannot connect
> becouse portmap does not recognise it as a local client. Would it be
> possibe to make guest ip-s visible as local host ip-s?

The host sees all IPs of every guest.
If your services bind to portmap via the official IP it might even work,
no idea about the security stuff in that case.
Alternatively you can use a shared loopback interface, unlike the new
virtualized ones.
I'd consider 2 portmaps, 1 for teh host, 1 for the guest, 2 different
IPs and accept the fact that tehre are different IPs for idfferent
services.

Regards,
	_are_
--
LiHAS - Adrian Reyer - Hessenwiesenstraße 10 - D-70565 Stuttgart
Fon: +49 (7 11) 78 28 50 90 - Fax:  +49 (7 11) 78 28 50 91