Subject: Re: [vserver] Time zone on guest...
From: Corey Wright <undefined@pobox.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 23:49:04 -0500

On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 01:33:42 +0100
Sam Przyswa <samp@arial-concept.com> wrote:

> Hi,

howdy,

> I noticed on Debian 5.0.3 that we only have UTC time on guests the local
> time is not set and hwclock --show return an error:
>
> hwclock is unable to get I/O port access:  the iopl(3) call failed.

yeah, "vserver <name> build" doesn't prompt for and configure the timezone
and of course the guest doesn't have access to the hardware clock (and not
that it would know how to properly interpret it without a timezone set).

> And the Time Webmin module is unable to correct and set the local time
> (in France +1)

i don't know anything about that (though i used webmin once upon a time;
http://bugs.debian.org/186110).

> How to fix it ?

dpkg-reconfigure tzdata

> Thanks in advance for your help.

you're welcome.

looking in my "vserver <name> build" notes, that's the only generally
applicable thing that i have to do post-build.  (the other stuff is
specific to my personal tastes: purging unwanted applications and
libraries, installing preferred utilities, and deleting unused locales.)

> Sam.

corey
--
undefined@pobox.com