Subject: Re: [vserver] Single application per VServer ?
From: Shinkan <shinkan@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 17:16:01 +0100
Wed, 20 Jan 2010 17:16:01 +0100
2010/1/20 Herbert Poetzl <herbert@13thfloor.at>

> vcontext creates an isolated process context, which
> basically separates all processes belonging to that
> context (the attribute is inherited) from the host
> and other contexts ...

That what I wanted to know. Even if that could seem obvious given the
utility name, I had now written stuff on that.

> > Can I tune this ?
>
> the process context holds a number of attributes itself,
> for example the capabilities (b/c) and the flags, as
> well as accounting and limits

OK. And how am I supposed to change that ?
Is there a file setting model or do I have to use "vattribute" once
"vcontext" is created ?

> > I tried to read on VServer web site docs, but there's
> > nothing about that.
>
> http://linux-vserver.org/Paper
> (linked on the main wiki page)

I read (most of) that, thanks, but I talked about "vcontext" use cases docs.

> best,
> Herbert

Thanks for making things clear.

--
Pierre.
"Sometimes when I'm talking, my words can't keep up with my thoughts. I