Subject: Re: [vserver] 32bit Guests on 64bit Host
From: Ghislain <gadnet@aqueos.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 06:43:19 +0100
Mon, 21 Dec 2009 06:43:19 +0100

>> note that we use mixed guest host and we have no major issue
>> apart from an heavely used web server that see quite a lot of
>> segfault in php.
>>
> anything in dmesg (host) or syslog (guest)?

yes this kind of thing:
php[19256]: segfault at 56316e90 ip 0000000056316e90 sp 00000000566bf3ac
error 14 in libnss files-2.7.so[564b3000+a000]

>> Personality is set to PER LINUX32 but that still bring issues.
>>
> what kind of issues?

 i mean the segfault continued :) It reduced a lot of them (mod-php of
apache mainly do not segfault now, only crons launching php cli  are)

>> However this this the only case of issues i have (it is on
>> 2.6.31.3-vs2.3.0.36.18 , util-vserver: 0.30.216-pre2849).
>>
> so older/newer versions do not show that?

older do, i upgraded the kernel and vserver patch from 2.6.29  it does
not helped. I will  have another chance to reboot the cluster in
february for the lastest and greatest.

>> Setting the personality on the 32bit system removed a lot of
>> them but i still get 4 per week per server at least.
>>
> system means guest, and server means host?

i meaned that setting the personality on guest reduced a lot the php
segfault mainly it just cut the mod-apache ones letting only the php-cli
crons to segfault now. and server/system  was guest here sorry :)

--

Cordialement,
Ghislain

["application/pkcs7-signature" not shown]