Subject: Re: [vserver] 32bit Guests on 64bit Host
From: Ghislain <gadnet@aqueos.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 05:37:34 +0100
Mon, 21 Dec 2009 05:37:34 +0100
Le 20/12/2009 14:56, Herbert Poetzl a écrit :
> On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 01:25:04PM +0100, Oliver Welter wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> anybody can tell me, if there are drawbacks/issues, running 32bit
> systems on top of a 64bit host?
>
> > there should be none as long as the personality is set
> > properly and you have the 32bit compatibility enabled

note that we use mixed guest host and we have no major issue apart from
an heavely used web server that see quite a lot of segfault in php.
Personality is set to PER LINUX32 but that still bring  issues. However
this this the only case of issues i have (it is on
2.6.31.3-vs2.3.0.36.18 ,  util-vserver: 0.30.216-pre2849). The very same
web cluster has one system with 64bit guest that do not segfault at all.
Setting the personality on the 32bit system removed a lot of them but i
still get 4 per week per server at least.

--

Cordialement,
Ghislain

Le 20/12/2009 14:56, Herbert Poetzl a écrit :
> On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 01:25:04PM +0100, Oliver Welter wrote:
Hi All,

anybody can tell me, if there are drawbacks/issues, running 32bit
systems on top of a 64bit host?

> there should be none as long as the personality is set
> properly and you have the 32bit compatibility enabled

note that we use mixed guest host and we have no major issue apart from an heavely used web server that see quite a lot of segfault in php. Personality is set to PER LINUX32 but that still bring  issues. However this this the only case of issues i have (it is on 2.6.31.3-vs2.3.0.36.18 ,  util-vserver: 0.30.216-pre2849). The very same web cluster has one system with 64bit guest that do not segfault at all. Setting the personality on the 32bit system removed a lot of them but i still get 4 per week per server at least.

--

Cordialement,
Ghislain

["application/pkcs7-signature" not shown]