Subject: Re: [vserver] mknod not working inside guest even with MKNOD bcap
From: "Daniel Hokka Zakrisson" <daniel@hozac.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 11:58:04 +0100 (CET)

Thomas Weber wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 01.12.2009, 08:30 +0100 schrieb Daniel Hokka Zakrisson:
>> Thomas Weber wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > playing around I found that I can't use mknod inside a vserver. If I set
>> > MKNOD in bcapabilities this seems to have no effect.
>>
>> Do you have CONFIG_VSERVER_DEVICE enabled in your kernel?
>
> yes. Is this the cause?

Unless you have configured the device map to allow what you're doing,
then yes, that'd be the cause.

You can do that by either setting it up for that guest and those
devices specifically, or you can change the default for that guest,
or you can change the global default. Of course, you can also disable
the kernel option.

Daniel