Subject: emerg. help needed
From: Chuck <chuck@sbbsnet.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 15:17:40 -0400

i have been upgrading our hosts and vservers.  this one host i upgraded from
2.6.26 kernel to 2.6.31. on reboot, i find that the host takes on the
hostname of the last vserver started whichever one i make last!!!  a
subsequent hostname command, logout and login gives the host the proper name.

i start my vservers in local.start rather than use the init.d script.

any clues what is going on here?

using gentoo

i did not notice this behavior on any of the other hosts so far, but this also
is the one that required the most upgrades.

the host and vservers appear to function fine, it seems it is only the last
vserver to start names the host!

--

Chuck