Subject: Re: [vserver] Shared Memory
From: Timothee Besset <ttimo@idsoftware.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 18:50:26 -0500

Holger Amann wrote:

> Am 27.10.2009 um 00:17 schrieb Timothee Besset:
>
>> Do you have a tmpfs / shmem mounted in your guest?
>
> guest1:~# mount
> /dev/hdv1 on / type ufs (defaults)
> none on /proc type proc (defaults)
> none on /tmp type tmpfs (size=16m,mode=1777)
> none on /dev/pts type devpts (gid=5,mode=620)
>
> I don't think so?

I'm probably not familiar enough with how PostgreSQL works to help you,
just going from my experience with Oracle here. I don't suppose pgsql's
'shared memory' could mean OS shared memory (as in, a tmpfs mount),
because you have none. Oracle won't run if you're not giving it a
/dev/shm tmpfs mount, but it's possible to do that for a guest (I do
that). So all I can think of is that pgsql wants one and you haven't
given any.

TTimo