Subject: Re: [vserver] more news on Debian support
From: Mark Little <marklittle@koallo.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 10:04:25 -0400

On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 14:12:35 +0100, ben@bristolwireless.net wrote:
> Hi all,
[...]
> "
> vserver
> +++++++
>
> Dann Frazier willing to do the work with Micah Anderson
>
> Micah has agreed to handle the vserver<->kernel communication and
> testing, while Dann helps w/ the nuts & bolts of getting the patches
> applied.
>
> Bastian Blank was opposed to carrying the patch.
>
> It was agreed however users should be given sufficient warning of its
> deprication.
>
> Action item for Dann Frazier to investigate migration to Linux
> containers. Dann Frazier and Micah Anderson willing to integrate
> patches. Max will put Deprecation notice in squeeze release but looks
> like this patch will make squeeze if Dann Frazier gets the work merged.
> "
>
> For me personally, it's great news that we probably get one more
> cycle, and that this release should be at a time when the quality of
> the vserver patch will be excellent.

Hi there,

I know this is a stupid question.. but what does this mean exactly?  I
have re-read it a few times but I am not sure what they are saying.

Are they going to discontinue including a Linux-VServer kernel in the tree
after Squeeze?  I am confused by the talk of investigating migration to
Linux containers.. is this a different project ?

Cheers,
Mark