Subject: Stabilization and Testing ...
From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert@13thfloor.at>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 17:24:46 +0200

Dear Community!

as I already announced some time ago, we started to
stabilize the Linux-VServer patchset to produce a
development version and after further stabilization
a new stable release ...

I already cleaned up the scheduler stuff, incorporating
the upcoming CFS hard limits, and most of the filesystem
related code. during this, we added back support for
cluster filesystem like ocfs2 and gfs2, and first
support for the new btrfs filesystem. naturally this
needs some extensive testing, which I'd gladly out-
source to persons willing to help there ... please
contact me (preferably on IRC) for details.

there will be more testing to be done in the near
future and I'll setup a wiki page to coordinate this
and allow for some kind of 'checklist' ... speaking
of wiki pages, I added a new one with a list of hardware
I'd be interested in, so if you want to say thanks,
and don't want to spend time on testing or similar,
please don't hesitate to pick something from there :)

http://linux-vserver.org/Make_Bertl_Happy_Hardware_List

TIA,
Herbert