Subject: Re: [vserver] Atom N270
From: Corey Wright <undefined@pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 22:43:44 -0500

On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 23:14:23 +0100
ben@bristolwireless.net wrote:

> Quoting "Michael S. Zick" <mszick@morethan.org>:
>

> > Nor do I have a clue about the topic title, Intel Atom N270.
> > I would expect any build for a Core2 processor would work fine.

upstream agrees with you
(http://lkml.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0810.1/2015.html) and is
why i build my netbook's kernel with:

CONFIG_MCORE2=y

> I'm running 2.6.31-vs2.3.0.36.14-pre8 on my N270 right now. No
> problems. It's an i386 build for Debian. Amd64 would be better, but
> the OS is i386 for legacy reasons.

amd64 would be impossible on an n270
(http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=36331,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_Atom_microprocessors#.22Diamondville.22_.2845_nm.29_3).

i run a 2.6.27.y linux-vserver kernel on my netbook under ubuntu hardy but
i dont' run any guests on it.  i've standardized on 2.6.27.y on all my
linux-vserver hosts, so when i bought the netbook and needed a kernel newer
than hardy's 2.6.24 for proper hardware support, i just recompiled my
existing vserver-patched 2.6.27.  i even occasionally run testme.sh and
testfs.sh after installing a new kernel on it and that's what prompted my
recently posted testfs.sh patch (but that's due to hardy's chattr and not
the n270).

corey
--
undefined@pobox.com