Subject: Re: [vserver] Atom N270
From: "Michael S. Zick" <mszick@morethan.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 16:34:20 -0500

On Mon September 28 2009, Natanael Copa wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-09-28 at 15:32 +0200, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> > Is it a bad idea to run a Linux vserver kernel on Atom N270?
>
> I think that depends on what you are going to use it for.
>
> I just installed a vserver kernel on my hp 2133 mininote with the via
> C7-M processor. I don't expect any problems with it.

Was that any particular version of Linux kernel?  ;)
Try something that makes heavy futex use, see how long it lasts.
Also watch for signs of cache corruption, specially if you
didn't build for C7 cpu type.
VIA C7-M cache system != Intel Pentium-M cache system.

That would be the C7-M with the CN896 integrated system chip.

Note that the Linux kernel has stability problems on the C7-M/CX700
integrated system chip.
So until that gets fixed, stay away from the C7-M with CX700 chip.

No ideas about the CX8?? series integrated system chip -
I don't have one to test on.

Nor do I have a clue about the topic title, Intel Atom N270.
I would expect any build for a Core2 processor would work fine.

Mike