Subject: Re: [vserver] Squeeze big problem for creating new vserver
From: ben@bristolwireless.net
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 22:48:17 +0100

>> I: Configuring sysvinit...
>> *W: Failure while configuring required packages.

It's interesting that it should be at that point that it fails.
Squeeze will feature the dependency based boot using insserv. LTSP
client builds were failing due to insserv being installed by default
last time I tried. It works well on host machines (for me at least),
though it doesn't surprise me that other build systems can't cope with
it yet.

If a Squeeze guest is wanted perhaps create the guest with Lenny then
upgrade. If you hit problems with that process, they could be
revealing as to what is happening in a direct Squeeze guest build.

Cheers,
==
 From Ben Green