Subject: Re: [vserver] Kernel bug 2.6.29.6 grsec+vserver
From: Ed W <lists@wildgooses.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 11:25:23 +0100
Wed, 08 Jul 2009 11:25:23 +0100
Rik Bobbaers wrote:
> i'm looking to see where this comes from...
>
> i'm afraid this is not gonna be easy, since "normally" grsec and vserver
> don't interfere with eachother at this point, unless something changed in
> vserver or grsec... which means, checking out WHAT changed... :S

Yeah, sure agreed.

Clearly a stack trace would be helpful also, but I'm a bit nervous of
breaking this server - gonna improve the backups a bit first.  I presume
you have been running the previous 2.6.29.2+vs+hardened patch without
incident for a while also?  I'm going to revert back to that for now
since it seems to work ok here when I tested it previously?

(It's such a pain getting diff's of diffs otherwise I would start there,
and roll it forward bit by bit until I could trigger the problem...)

I don't suppose you have any spare intel hardware lying around do you...
I have sent over the .config, but of course this is asking you to do
something which is really my problem to solve...

Thanks for any pointers anyway

Cheers

Ed W

["application/x-bzip" not shown]