Subject: Re: [vserver] Multiple IPs ... again :-)
From: "John A. Sullivan III" <jsullivan@opensourcedevel.com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 20:28:40 -0400

 Thu, 28 May 2009 20:28:40 -0400
On Thu, 2009-05-28 at 16:38 -0700, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
> John A. Sullivan III wrote:

> >> Right I saw that but in the current case I want to define the interface
> >> /etc/vservers/$GUEST/interface/1/{ip,dev,prefix} but not have it go
> >> active if the guest gets (re)started.
> >>
> >> Adding to a running guest isn't an issue.  Typically I make the entries
> >> in /etc/vservers/$GUEST/* then restart.  But if I make the entries in
> >> advance but am not ready to have them go active it would be nice to have
> >> a way to block that.
> >>
> >> I am trying to stay with the util-vserver toolkit and way as much as
> >> possible.
> >>
> >> I was thinking(/hoping) a flag-file similar to apps/init/mark for each
> >> interface to bring up.
> >>

> >> \\||/
> >> Rod
> > When do you want it to go active? - John
>
> You're right that does seam a bit lame.
>
> Well when I tell it to.  That sounds lame also.
>
> And of course I should have RTFM.  (Well actually "The Great Flower Page".)
>
> /etc/vservers/$GUEST/interfaces/$IFACE/disabled
>
> This will work.  But a
>
>    vserver $GUEST interface $IFACE {enable|disable}
>
> would be really nice.
>

> \\||/
> Rod
Interesting - I've never played with that setting.  I wonder if it's
dynamic of it if requires restarting the vserver.  I'm sure it's just a
matter of taste but I would probably do it with a script in the host
which does an ip add add followed by an naddress.  Good luck - John
--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation

http://www.spiritualoutreach.com