Subject: Re: [vserver] Multiple IPs ... again :-)
From: "Roderick A. Anderson" <raanders@cyber-office.net>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 15:57:12 -0700

ADNET Ghislain wrote:
> Roderick A. Anderson a écrit :
>> Next question.
>>
>> Is there anyway (simple, standard, etc.) to have an 'interface'
>> defined in a /etc/vserver/$GUEST/ but not be used when the guest is
>> started.  Or a way to turn an interface on or off?
>>

>> \\||/
>> Rod
> yes,
>
> here is a little explanation:
>
> http://linux-vserver.org/util-vserver:Cheatsheet#How_to_add_an_IP_address_to_a_live_guest_.3F

Right I saw that but in the current case I want to define the interface
/etc/vservers/$GUEST/interface/1/{ip,dev,prefix} but not have it go
active if the guest gets (re)started.

Adding to a running guest isn't an issue.  Typically I make the entries
in /etc/vservers/$GUEST/* then restart.  But if I make the entries in
advance but am not ready to have them go active it would be nice to have
a way to block that.

I am trying to stay with the util-vserver toolkit and way as much as
possible.

I was thinking(/hoping) a flag-file similar to apps/init/mark for each
interface to bring up.

\\||/
Rod