Subject: Re: [vserver] Can Windows OS run on VServer?
From: Stephen Liu <satimis@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 11:16:04 +0800 (CST)

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your detail info.

--- Matt Paine <matt@mattsoftware.com> wrote:

- snip -

> > That is NOT my venture on this testing.  I have been testing KVM,
> Qemu,
> > Xen, OpenVZ, etc. before.  I can make MS Windows to run on KVM
> (Qemu)
> > but NOT on the later 2.  Is there alternative?
> >

> I use VMWare Server 2. Might not be open sourced but free and works
> well, although the web based interface IMO is no where near as
> friendly
> version 1. But certainly usable.

I ran VMWare before.  It worked for me testing MS Windows OS.  Later I
changed back to KVM helping the Open Source community.  I don't run MS
Windows OS for production only for testing.  Occasionally I run Windows
application also for testing.  I install wine and Windows application
on Linux OS running on guest without X.  Then I forward X of the host
to the guest to run the application.  It is quite convenient.  Nowadays
almost >90% of Windows applications have equivalent/replacement on Open
Source.

Thanks again for your advice.

B.R.
Stephen L