Subject: Re: [vserver] Can Windows OS run on VServer?
From: Stephen Liu <satimis@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 09:39:54 +0800 (CST)

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your advice.

--- Matt Paine <matt@mattsoftware.com> wrote:

> > Can MS Windows, such as vista, server 2008, etc. run as guest on
> > VServer?  TIA
> >

> Linux-VServer is an Operating System Virtualization technique.
> Basically
> it can run many OS guests, all on the same kernel. So if you can get
> Vista or Server 2008 to run on a linux 2.6 variant kernel, then I
> guess
> yes you can :)

Is this technology termed as parallel virtualization?  So all servers
running on VServer must be on linux 2.6 variant kernel.  Can linux 2.5
variant kernel mixed with 2.6 version?

> (although I suspect that to be more difficult than I suggested
> above).
>
> I would bet you could run Vista on a VMWare Server instance under a
> Fedora guest running a Centos host running Linux-Vserver  - but thats
>
> probably not what your after.

That is NOT my venture on this testing.  I have been testing KVM, Qemu,
Xen, OpenVZ, etc. before.  I can make MS Windows to run on KVM (Qemu)
but NOT on the later 2.  Is there alternative?

B.R.
Stephen L