Subject: Re: [vserver] problem in building guest system
From: "Roderick A. Anderson" <raanders@cyber-office.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 08:10:07 -0700

Jeffrey 'jf' Lim wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 5:42 AM, Roderick A. Anderson
> <raanders@cyber-office.net> wrote:
>> This is what I use for a centos5 system.
>>
>> vserver $GUEST build -m yum --context $CONTEXT --hostname=$FQDN \
>>  --interface $IFACEID=$NETDEV:${BASEIP}.$LO/$PREFIX \
>>  --initstyle sysv -- -d centos5
>>
>> Be aware I don't do a lot of experimenting once I have some thing that
>> works.  So what you're missing might be the --context
>>

> Rod is your vserver stuff installed from packages? because from an
> installation from source, it doesnt seem to be able to build...

It is a CentOS minimal install for the host, then the kernel and
vserver-* packages from Daniel's repo.

Works like a champ.  I've been using the same scripts (the above line is
just part of my build_*_guest.sh scripts) for well over a year now with
minor tweaks as I refine the process.  I use and keep one script per
guest since I don't work in a highly dynamic area.  Someday I'll acquire
  some extra TUITs and make them generic so there is just a *.cfg file
per guest and a functions file and wrapper script.

Rod