Subject: Re: [vserver] problem in building guest system
From: "Roderick A. Anderson" <raanders@cyber-office.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2009 13:42:53 -0800

Mukesh Subedee wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed CentOS and tried to add the repository from
> "baseurl=http://rpm.hozac.com/dhozac/centos/$releasever/vserver/$basearch
> <http://rpm.hozac.com/dhozac/centos/$releasever/vserver/$basearch>"
>
> But this repository did not work and I searched for others and got one
> "baseurl=http://mirror.fubra.com/rpm.hozac.com/dhozac/centos/$releasever/vserver/$basearch"

> and installed kernel, yum and others (i guess everything is installed)
> but while trying to build the guest system using yum build method as:
>
>  vserver vfedora build -m yum --hostname vfedora.control-1.unl.gpeni.net
> <http://vfedora.control-1.unl.gpeni.net/> --interface
> eth0:198.248.243.2/24 <http://198.248.243.2/24> -- -d f8
>
> I got the following message:
> /etc/vservers/.defaults/vdirbase/vfedora: Function not implemented
>
> I am stuck now and could not proceed further. Could anyone help me to
> sort out my problem?

This is what I use for a centos5 system.

vserver $GUEST build -m yum --context $CONTEXT --hostname=$FQDN \
   --interface $IFACEID=$NETDEV:${BASEIP}.$LO/$PREFIX \
   --initstyle sysv -- -d centos5

Be aware I don't do a lot of experimenting once I have some thing that
works.  So what you're missing might be the --context

Rod