Subject: Re: [vserver] Roadmap and Future ...
From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert@13thfloor.at>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 10:09:41 +0100

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 11:35:22PM +0000, Ed W wrote:
> Dallas Kashuba wrote:
> >Assuming, an updated website is deemed worth the time and effort (I'm
> >not convinced it is, but it couldn't hurt)...
>
> Everyone seems to be trying to redevelop what site we have already - I
> think I was misunderstood on this point.  Please lets keep all our
> current docs, but add a fancy front end for all the "what is vserver all
> about" type content..
>
> >I agree that wordpress might be a good choice for the basic website.
> >We are using it for the website of our own open-source project, using
> >an 'off the shelf' theme with some minor modifications:
> >
> >http://ceph.newdream.net/

please don't get me wrong, the input is very appreciated,
but I don not see that a great difference between this
site/page and http://linux-vserver.org, except for the
fact that the page is way to long ...

I see a simple (granted nicely colored) icon, the sidebar
with a lot of (partially unsorted) links and a content
area, here containing postings (for us it contains the
versions, which might not be the best idea, I agree)

> >We are just linking out to the mediawiki wiki rather than making any
> >attempt to incorporate it into wordpress.

> Cool - do you have the ability to offer vserver something similar for
> the front site?

so, what am I missing here?
this is curiosity not sarcasm, really :)

TIA,
Herbert