Subject: Re: [vserver] webfrontend (was Re: [vserver] Roadmap and Future ...)
From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert@13thfloor.at>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 09:44:45 +0100

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 02:51:53PM +0100, Natanael Copa wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 13:25 +0100, Jon Bendtsen wrote:
> > I think the webfrontend deserves it's own thread, and then the money
> > could be another thread.
>
> [cut]

> > > maybe ...

> > > definitely! volunteers are welcome as usual :)
> >
> > I think it would be a waste of time if you, Herbert, did this
> > webfrontend. I think your time is much more valueable used for kernel
> > programming.
>
> didnt se anyone mention openvcp.
>
> http://www.openvcp.org/

I'm well aware of openvcp, but I was more thinking of
something really simple, and local, i.e. some openvcp-lite
or so, which allows to get a typical desktop user with
almost no administrative knowledge up and running with
a few clicks -- doesn't need to be feature complete, nor
suitable for hosting providers, although the parts might
be integrateable into larger customized projects