Subject: Re: [vserver] Roadmap and Future ...
From: Ed W <lists@wildgooses.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 23:35:22 +0000

Dallas Kashuba wrote:
> Assuming, an updated website is deemed worth the time and effort (I'm
> not convinced it is, but it couldn't hurt)...

Everyone seems to be trying to redevelop what site we have already - I
think I was misunderstood on this point.  Please lets keep all our
current docs, but add a fancy front end for all the "what is vserver all
about" type content..

> I agree that wordpress might be a good choice for the basic website.
> We are using it for the website of our own open-source project, using
> an 'off the shelf' theme with some minor modifications:
>
> http://ceph.newdream.net/
>
> We are just linking out to the mediawiki wiki rather than making any
> attempt to incorporate it into wordpress.

Cool - do you have the ability to offer vserver something similar for
the front site?

I personally have zero problem with the documentation link on the main
site suddenly shooting off to a media wiki site.  After all it's what
every other business seems to be doing right now...  (Random example,
visit snom phones and click on their support site and you get to....
media wiki site)

Ed W