Subject: Re: [vserver] VServer Community; Was: Roadmap and Future ...
From: "Michael S. Zick" <mszick@morethan.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 17:18:55 -0600

On Fri February 27 2009, Dallas Kashuba wrote:

> On Feb 27, 2009, at 1:45 PM, Michael S. Zick wrote:

> >> You would be quite right to make a negative comment if a hosting
> >> company relying on an open source project would not be willing to
> >> donate free hosting to said project!
> >>

> > My apologies, no offense intended.
> > You will note that I am a customer of yours already. ;)
>

> No offense taken!  8-)
>

> >> It is our 'DreamHost PS' service that is based on Linux-Vserver...
> >> http://www.dreamhost.com/hosting-vps.html

That would certainly solve the problem of a repository going off-line
when someone is depending on it. ;)

Not mentioned by either of us - but for the members not familiar with
the Dreamhost product - they have 'one click' installs for everything
mentioned in the "wish list" items of this thread.

That would make any additions to community support "minimum effort".

Too bad I don't know the system currently in use, I can't help with that.

Mike