Subject: Re: [vserver] Call to arms
From: randall <randall@songshu.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 17:48:49 +0100

Ed W wrote:
> This might be a bit premature, but while the iron is hot and all that:
>
> 1) Is there any web designer capacity here?  Imagine for a moment that
> we want 1-2 websites - who can style and theme these?

i replied earlier that i was willing to set up a test site, so count me in.
p.s.
i don't own a mac and designing web sites is not my specialty so i would
certainly not mind some competition, nevertheless I'll give it a go and
have the result slaughtered by this list ;)

> 2) Website engine.  Anyone here got any experience of web engines
> which can work as the "front of house" site?  Michael has offered
> TikiWiki (but I'm not sure if that's necessarily the only option for
> the front pages).  Other popular engines seem to be Joomla or
> wordpress?  Anyone offer the resources to manage the setup of a new
> front site for vserver?

many choices here, but i give wordpress a try, i can host it on my
server at least for the testing phase and maybe later on if needed.

3
4
5

lets see if we can get things to start rolling first, but i'm afraid you
will be my appointed volunteer to try things out Ed W

randall

--

www.songshu.org
Just another collection of nuts