Subject: Call to arms
From: Ed W <lists@wildgooses.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 16:34:02 +0000

This might be a bit premature, but while the iron is hot and all that:

1) Is there any web designer capacity here?  Imagine for a moment that
we want 1-2 websites - who can style and theme these?

2) Website engine.  Anyone here got any experience of web engines which
can work as the "front of house" site?  Michael has offered TikiWiki
(but I'm not sure if that's necessarily the only option for the front
pages).  Other popular engines seem to be Joomla or wordpress?  Anyone
offer the resources to manage the setup of a new front site for vserver?

3) Infrastructure - Anyone want to offer to dedicate an hour or so a
week to "maintaining" the website infrastructure.  Cleaning spam,
upgrading the software, installing any plugins requested, etc.

4) "How to do xyz?" - my reading of the previous thread is that "vserver
wiki is excellent as a "reference".  However, needs more "trails" for
new users to graze and more 'how to achieve xyz result' style articles.
Who can help brush up the existing articles and thread them all together
into more of a "handbook" style approach?

5) Editors. Anyone want to "own" a chunk of the wiki and "garden it" on
a regular basis?  eg overseeing the creation of a handbook style section
it would be very helpful to have someone garden that and tag articles as
needing more work, chopping articles up a bit, correcting smelling
pistakes, etc.

Here's hoping someone bites...

Ed W