Subject: Re: [vserver] Roadmap and Future ...
From: Ed W <lists@wildgooses.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 16:04:51 +0000

ben@bristolwireless.net wrote:

> "Comes across as a tad bit arrogant" it really is just a tad bit and
> will probably change as the project progresses. I sometimes detect a
> "why don't people know this already?" attitude. It's easy to fall into
> this feeling when directed the wiki and then thinking to ones self,
> "Why didn't I find that?". Many people will not bother to peruse
> documentation before asking questions, I do though, but still there
> are many times I can't find solutions to my problems in vserver
> documentation. There are some characteristics of the documentation and
> of linux-vserver which are part of this problem.

Just to give a bit of balance on this.  Personally I don't see this.
However, I suspect that some on this list are not native english
speakers and those of us who are, need to try and allow that sometimes
written english comes across in ways it was not intended

Annecdote: I personally sometimes get people coming back asking why I am
being shirty in an email.  I look back at what I wrote and it will be
something I wrote in a hurry and it's missing all the flowery cr*p that
us english folks pepper our writing with.  If you write terse to the
point english then it's frequently interpreted as being "rude", when
it's actually just to the point.  Just beware of that basically