Subject: Re: [vserver] VServer Community; Was: Roadmap and Future ...
From: "Michael S. Zick" <mszick@morethan.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 08:20:29 -0600

On Fri February 27 2009, Michael S. Zick wrote:
> On Fri February 27 2009, ADNET Ghislain wrote:
> >
> - - - snip - - -
> >
> > Yes with twoparts, the "Official" docs and contributed doc. Would be
> > quite cool if we could like in the php or mysql project put comments on
> > the doc's pages. (not changing them but just exemples, use cases etc). I
> > don't know but CMS out there should have this possibility i think.
> >

> TikiWiki allows (folding) comments on wiki, blog, articles (at least those).
> It also supports importing from other popular CMS products.
> You can have freeTags, catagories, structures. . . (a mind boggling number of features).
> It can import and convert a mailing list - (like this one) - - -
> Personal pages, personal groups, general groups, trackers, etc. etc. etc.
>
> But, like VServer, if you haven't set it up before yourself -
> either hire someone (some host providers will set it up for you)
> or expect a steep learning curve (in the configuration of your installation, not the
use).

Here is a specific plan - how do they say it? "A limited time offer." ;)

I am in the process of configuring and testing a TikiWiki install for three
of my own web-sites.  The end result will be something easy (for me) to
install three varieties of.
I am willing to install a fourth. (Groan, did I offer that?)

Todo - task list:

*) @Herbert - contact dreamhost.com - you want a:
**) "My Happy Hosting" - hosting package, includes a domain name registration
**) "My Unique IP" - just what it sounds like.

-) Dreamhost.com makes commercial use of Linux-VServer (or your wiki page is out of
date).
The above package is a retail of about $180usd a year; if they will not donate
that amount to the project (I.E: To support the Linux-VServer project) . . . <deleted
comment>

*) @Herbert - give me an ssh/ftp account on the donated hosting site.
I would suggest that you pick a "new" domain name while signing up with DH -
It is included in the package and the existing ones can be moved/redirected later

*) @Me - I will do the CMS install and initial configuration -
We start with whatever I have in "my" tarball/sqldump and tweak features from there;
I expect this to be done in the "open" using the CMS forums, task lists, and
the existing members contributing to this thread as the "reviewing public".

*) @Community - Join in with your comments, suggestions, posts, whatever - -
This will be your new central home - give us feedback while we have our hands
on the tuning buttons. ;)

import functions - I may need some advice and/or editing help.

*) @Herbert - when we feel it is "as ready as it will get" you can decide if it
should be moved to /dev/null or put into use.

*) @Me - I expect it will take me another couple of weeks to get my own setup
working to my satisfaction - (I am running it internally now) - I think I
can be ready to clone the setup as soon as that is done.

Mike
Mike