Subject: Re: [vserver] Roadmap and Future ...
From: Bernd Petrovitsch <bernd@firmix.at>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 14:36:22 +0100

On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 14:17 +0100, ADNET Ghislain wrote:
> > the problem is the debian policy here, we have recent
> > and working packages in/for debian, but the debian
> > policy requires them to stick to the old and broken
> > ones, as long as the brokeness is not a major security

Other areas (like spam/virus tools) have the same problem.

> > issue (and we do not have many of those :)
>
> this is a pain so,
> is there a repository where those ok packages are ?
> This could be a first step, adding a source list is something debian
> user know how to do.

Debian-backports (http://www.backports.org/dokuwiki/doku.php) and
Debian-volatile (http://www.debian.org/volatile/) are probably
candidates.
Other than that no one can stop you from running your own repo.

	Bernd
          Embedded Linux Development and Services