Subject: Re: [vserver] webfrontend (was Re: [vserver] Roadmap and Future ...)
From: ben@bristolwireless.net
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 12:41:52 +0000

 Fri, 27 Feb 2009 12:41:52 +0000
Quoting "Jon Bendtsen" <jbendtsen@laerdal.dk>:

> I dont think it is needed, and at least not from the vserver project.
> I see 2 kinds of people using linux-vserver, host managers and guest
> managers.

That's probably a good indication of current users, but by no means
the limit of it's applicability.

A friend recently asked how he could set up virtual server to run a
dev machine that needed keeping on Debian Stable. I started to launch
off on how vserver was by far the most efficient simplest method, then
I realized, how was HE going to do that? He's not much of sysadmin,
though has some CLI experience and does a lot of development work. In
then end I said, use Virtual Box. He installed it, loved, and then had
to recompile his kernel to get the networking sorted, which he
wouldn't have had to do with Vserver. Vserver is a simple solution for
lots of VPS task, and the wider the net is thrown the better IMHO.

In short, many people would benefit from a GUI, just not you or I
particularly.

==
 From Ben Green