Subject: Re: [vserver] Roadmap and Future ...
From: Christoph Lukas <christoph.lukas@gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 09:12:08 +0000

Am Donnerstag, den 26.02.2009, 19:58 +0100 schrieb Herbert Poetzl:
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 05:57:54PM +0000, Ed W wrote:
>
> > Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> > > One proposal I have (which was actually tested over
> > > the years, and seems to work - at least for me) would
> > > be that Companies using Linux-VServer get some kind
> > > of 'Service Contract' with a Developer (which is a
> > > good thing anyway), ranging between a single hour
> > > per month up to a day per week, for, let's say 100
> > > EUR per hour, which can be consumed or not, where in
> > > the latter case, this time will be spent on general
> > > Linux-VServer development and testing. (if you like
> > > that idea, please contact me and I'm certain we can
> > > arrange something)
>
> > I'm a (very small) business using vservers and I am extremely
> > keen to see this project survive because I really don't want to have
> > to switch to a different project since I do rather like vserver!! I
> > think there are several other businesses using vserver here also who
> > have raised their heads in the past (obviously many use the project,
> > but don't read the mailing list!)
>
> > I will happily buy a Service Contract.  However, I think you need
> > to do a little more work as to how this is all going to work.
>
> sure, that was just a rough idea where I know that
> it works, and it always is a win/win ...
>
> > In the past I have tried to get a few other people to bulk buy work
> > and the issue I think is that businesses (and individuals) really
> > have to define exactly what they are getting when they spend some
> > money (at least anything over pocket money prices).
>
> exactly and this complicated the whole efford to
> such degree that I would need a department to
> define, organize and finalize such effords

For me it would be sufficient to get an invoice including vat for every
payment.

It would be great to have a wiki page that defines some conditions for
this kind of support: what you can expect for your financial support and
what not and who has to be contacted to make an arrangement.

Cheers,
Christoph