Subject: Re: [vserver] Roadmap and Future ...
From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert@13thfloor.at>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 01:39:21 +0100

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 10:59:34PM +0100, KwangErn Liew wrote:

> Dallas Kashuba wrote:
>> When I first started using Linux-Vserver the biggest obstacle was
>> lack of clear documentation. Once I figured out which documents could
>> tell me what, it got easier. Right now, though, there's a lack of
>> documentation on how to use the newer cgroup-based scheduling. In
>> my opinion, the biggest weakness of the project today is a lack of
>> organized documentation. That is clearly something that could be done
>> by a volunteer and it's perhaps not the absolute best use of time for
>> one of the programmers, but on the other hand it does need to be done
>> by somebody.

> Same here. I feel the same way, and sometimes it kinda puts me off in
> trying out the spiffy stuff that VServer have.

> I'd like to see VServer continue to do better. :)

> Maybe we can start by drafting a re-organisation of the website and
> its overall structure to give it some appeal and map out what's
> missing?

I'm all ears here, as I've probably lost the perspective
what a 'new' user (administrative or technical background)
needs to get started ...

I'm actively using the wiki to answer questions on IRC,
and for my taste, almost every information is right at
hand (so it must be the perspective thing :)

TIA,
Herbert