Subject: Vserver and LVS (DR)
From: Christian Balzer <chibi@gol.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 16:46:56 +0900

Hello,

has anybody successfully used LVS (in DR mode) with vserver guests as
realservers? Read, a separate LVS box/cluster and vservers as targets.
I'm mostly wondering if the needed ARP sysctl changes will work aka:
---
 net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_ignore = 1
net.ipv4.conf.eth0.arp_ignore = 1
net.ipv4.conf.eth1.arp_ignore = 1
net.ipv4.conf.eth2.arp_ignore = 1

net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_announce = 2
net.ipv4.conf.eth0.arp_announce = 2
net.ipv4.conf.eth1.arp_announce = 2
net.ipv4.conf.eth2.arp_announce = 2
---
And if these settings will work _inside_ the guest or need to be applied
on the host to actually have the desired effect.

I should have some test hardware to actually try this in a month or 2, but
any thumps up or down would be very much appreciated in advance of course.

Regards,

Christian
--
Christian Balzer        Network/Systems Engineer                NOC
chibi@gol.com   	Global OnLine Japan/Fusion Network Services