Subject: Re: [vserver] Building and installing vServer guest on Suse
From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert@13thfloor.at>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 00:36:02 +0100

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 08:40:54AM -0300, Solon Aguiar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> First I'd like to tell you how I solved the problem with the
> installation of Vserver on openSuse[10.3]. As Thiago told
> me, I looked for some .rpm files (you can find some here:
> http://software.opensuse.org/search if you type "VServer") and
> installed them all (with the command rpm -i *.rpm since there are
> dependencies). At this point, vserver was successfully installed, the
> point now is how to build a guest that runs with openSuse. How can I
> build this guest?

you want to install a suse guest, or you want to
run a guest (any distro) on suse?

in the former case you probably want to install
it via the rpm build method, or install one into
a directory (if the suse tools allow that) and use
it as template

in the latter case, just use one of the examples
given here:

http://linux-vserver.org/Building_Guest_Systems

HTH,