Subject: Re: [vserver] Network changes between guest hosts from 2.2.0.7 to 2.3.0.34?
From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert@13thfloor.at>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 15:29:20 +0100

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 02:11:10PM +0100, Markus Fischer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm just wondering if it's confirmable that the network behavior
> between 2.2.0.7 and 2.3.0.34 has changed quite a lot?

not really :)

> I observed that prior processes bound to 127.0.0.1 were accessible
> from the guests IP, too and this seems to have changed after I
> upgrade to 2.3.0.34.

depends on the config (i.e. SINGLE_IP special casing
and loopback isolation setup)

at kernel configure time, you get presented with
some new options (when switching from 2.2 to 2.3)
and the accompanied help texts explain their
functionality ...

> I think the (new, changed) behavior is right anyway, I was just
> surprised of it as I couldn't find this information to be "aware"
> of when upgrading.

> The ChangeLog mentions something about network but not exactly what.

> Besides the ChangeLog, is there's some kind of summary for things to
> watch out when upgrading? Maybe there are other gotchas I'm not yet
> aware of ...

IRC is the main source of information ...