Subject: Re: [vserver] Unable to add Interface / RTNETLINK answers: Numerical result out of range
From: Oliver Welter <mail@oliwel.de>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 13:17:10 +0100

Herbert Poetzl schrieb:

> Simply using the "ip" command:  ip addr add <IP>/<Maskbits> dev vlan3
>
>> guest config (specifically the interfaces section)
>> and a description of the network setup on the host

The Host has two vlan's over the physical interface eth0:
vlan3 82.135.58.0/25
vlan4 212.18.24.192/26

one IP of each vlan is assigned to the host, several guests use IPs from
both vlans.

The guest is setup with following interface configuration, interfaces
are numbered 3x on vlan3 and 4x on vlan4

30/*
dev: vlan3
ip: 82.135.58.36
name: www1_customer1
prefix: 25

40/*
dev: vlan4
ip: 212.18.24.201
name: www1_customer2
prefix: 26

41/*
dev: vlan4
ip: 212.18.24.202
name: www1_customer3
prefix: 26

42/*
dev: vlan4
ip: 212.18.24.205
name: www1_customer4
prefix: 26

HTH

Oliver
- --
Protect your environment -  close windows and adopt a penguin!
PGP-Key: 3B2C 8095 A7DF 8BB5 2CFF  8168 CAB7 B0DD 3985 1721