Subject: Sharing files across vservers
From: Christoph Lukas <christoph.lukas@gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 13:54:27 +0200

Hi,

we have one host doing most of our infrastructure services. These
services are spread among a couple of vservers.

Now we would like to share some GB of data among three of our vservers
and I am still unsure how to implement this.

I thought about:

* Using bind mounts on the host system to make the files available to
the second and third vserver. This did not work as expected, as the
first vserver set it's own xid on new files which makes them
inaccessible in the other servers

* Using an nfs server on the host and nfs mounts in the three vservers.
This seems to work but might have an ugly overhead.

Can anybody think of a more elegant solution?

Thanks in advance for any hints,
Christoph