Subject: Re: [vserver] inter-vserver dbus - has anyone done that before? (sort of inter-vserver messaging)
From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert@13thfloor.at>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 13:43:04 +0100

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 08:48:45AM +0100, Wilhelm Meier wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I need sort of messaging between vserver instances.
>
> Well, my first thought was to do this via a shared filesystem and
> fifos or using inotify and message files.

you can use a variety of 'shared' information
channels to communicate between guests (and
optionally between guest and host):

- network (requires service on reachable IP(s))
- unix sockets (requires shared filesystem or namespace)
- pipe/fifo/file (requires shared filesystem)
- shared memory (requires shared namespace)
- specific kernel interfaces

> But what about setting up a dbus instance on the host only for the
> vservers?

> Any comments on this?

why not, if it is configured properly, it should
be no problem at all ...