Subject: Re: [vserver] Problems changing noexex /tmp in guest for apt-get
From: "Raoul Bhatia [IPAX]" <r.bhatia@ipax.at>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 11:19:42 +0100

On 23.01.2009 14:41, John A. Sullivan III wrote:
> Thank you.  I'm a little hesitant to do that as this is a public
> environment so we're keeping the guests highly secure.  Then again, I am
> guessing guests could not mount anything outside of their portion of the
> file system.  Is that correct? Any other ways? - John

depending on your configuration it *might* be possible to mount
/dev/sdaX or /dev/mdY, thus leading to the possibility to manipulate
data *outside* of the host which then can be used for local exploits on
the host or other guests.

please correct me if i am wrong.

cheers,
raoul
DI (FH) Raoul Bhatia M.Sc.          email.          r.bhatia@ipax.at
Technischer Leiter

IPAX - Aloy Bhatia Hava OEG         web.          http://www.ipax.at
Barawitzkagasse 10/2/2/11           email.            office@ipax.at
1190 Wien                           tel.               +43 1 3670030
FN 277995t HG Wien                  fax.            +43 1 3670030 15